How do I know I need a new mattress?
We spend up to 8 hours per day asleep. In one year, the average person will have slept approximately 2920 hours! Considering that we spend more time in bed than on any other activity, a good bed is not an expense. It is an investment in your life!
The consequences of a poor night’s sleep include higher stress levels, mistakes, difficulty concentrating and fatigue. All of influences in our lives yet we don’t think about this until we can’t sleep or wake up feeling terrible every morning.
Similar to an old favourite chair or those super comfortable shoes, your mattress can still feel comfortable long after it has stopped providing your body with the correct support and comfort it needs.
Is it time for a new mattress?
It may be time to replace your mattress if you answer yes to one or more of the questions below?
- You wake up with aches and pains, stiffness and numbness
- Your mattress shows visible signs of overuse (lumps, spring feel)
- Your mattress edges feel saggy as if you are going to fall
- Your mattress no longer feels firm and comfortable when you lie on it
- You and your partner roll towards one another when you lie down