How do I know I need a new mattress?
We spend up to 8 hours per day asleep. In one year, the average person will have slept approximately 2920 hours! Considering that we spend more time in bed than on any other activity, a good bed is not an expense. It is an investment in your life!
The consequences of a poor night’s sleep include higher stress levels, mistakes, difficulty concentrating and fatigue. All these influence our lives, yet we don’t think about this until we can’t sleep or wake up feeling terrible every morning.
Similar to an old favourite chair or those super comfortable shoes, your mattress can still feel comfortable long after it has stopped providing your body with the correct support and comfort it needs.
Is it time for a new mattress?
It may be time to replace your mattress if you answer yes to one or more of the questions below?
- You wake up with aches and pains, stiffness and numbness
- Your mattress shows visible signs of overuse (lumps, spring feel)
- Your mattress edges feel saggy as if you are going to fall
- Your mattress no longer feels firm and comfortable when you lie on it
- You and your partner roll towards one another when you lie down
Here are some simple hints on how to maximize your Edblo sleep experience:
- Do carry your mattress flat or on its side.
- Do keep your bedding clean.
- Do give your new sleep set time to “breathe” upon removal from its plastic packaging.
- Do replace the foundation when purchasing a new mattress.
- Do rotate your mattress to prolong its comfort and support life.
- Do give yourself time to adjust to the new feel and support of your new mattress.
- Do use handles ONLY to adjust the mattress onto the foundation.
- Do not smoke in bed. This is a potential fire hazard.
- Do not use an electric blanket.
- Do not stand or jump on your mattress.
- Do not bend your mattress as this may cause damage to the innerspring unit.
- Do not remove the label on your mattress.
- Do not allow your mattress to get wet.
- Do not use handles to carry/pull or pick up your mattress.