What is sleep apnea?
If not treated correctly, sleep apnea may result in high blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythms, poor memory or concentration.
How much sleep should a teenager get?
At different ages, people require different amounts of sleep. It is suggested that teenagers, aged 14 to 17, receive between eight and ten hours of sleep. For most teens, it may also be appropriate to get as much as eleven hours of sleep and as little as seven hours.
Should you flip or rotate your mattress?
Many mattresses that are on the market today feature a one-sided design, and shouldn’t ever be flipped over. The reason is because most models are constructed with a high density latex or foam layer in the support core. Sleeping on these surfaces might result in back and shoulder pain or additional pressure.
However, rotating the foot and head of your mattress is suggested in order to maintain a supportive and comfortable sleeping surface.
How is foam density measured?
The phrase density refers to an object’s weight per unit of volume. When it comes to mattress foam, density is always expressed in pounds per cubic foot. If you multiply the density by the total number of volume units, you will be able to find out the mattresses overall weight.
When should I buy a new mattress?
- You wake up tired in the morning, if not even MORE tired than when you went to bed
- You experience body aches and pains when you wake up in the morning
- The mattress coils are poking through the mattress
- There is an inward sagging in the middle of the mattress causing you and your partner to roll together
- The mattress looks lumpy and uneven
- The edge has collapsed and is sagging
- The mattress makes creaking noises
- Your current mattress is older than 8 years
If you answered yes to three or more of the above questions, it probably is time for a new mattress.
How do I shop for the right mattress?
Choosing the right mattress can be a nightmare if you don’t know what you are looking for. Comfort, support and durability are the most important considerations, thereafter take price into account.
- Once you realize you need a new bed, do your research and decide on your priorities i.e. Brand, price, size, comfort preference, access to bedroom, etc.
- Decide on which store or stores you want to visit.
- If possible, try a selection of beds with different tops and comfort feels for comparison before you buy. Make sure you have set aside enough time to test each bed so that you can properly appreciate the differences.
- Buy for correct support and comfort not because of pricing or firmness.
- Wear comfortable clothes so that you can lie down on each bed in your normal sleeping position. You need to lie for a minimum of 10 minutes. Also, remember to make some turns as you would in your natural state of sleep. Pay special attention to lower back support and correct spinal alignment and that you feel comfortable at the shoulder and hip areas.
- If you intend to share your bed with a partner than ensure that you both test the bed. You need to make sure that it is suitable for both of you i.e. size, support and comfort.
- A mattress works best when it is used in conjunction with its corresponding foundation. Don’t consider them as separate pieces.
- Try and narrow your selection down to a maximum of three beds.
- Feel free to ask any question of the sales associate.
- Remember to check the size. Although bed sizes are mostly standard in terms of size and name (i.e. 152cm=Queen) they may differ – especially between different manufacturers.
Remember, after your old bed all new beds will feel better so take your time to find your correct comfort and support.
What size is right for me?
Size is important and will vary from person to person. Your mattress needs to give you enough space so that your entire body is on the mattress when you lie down. If you sleep with a partner, the mattress needs to provide each of you with enough space to sleep and move comfortably. If your partner’s movements result in constant contact with you then a bigger mattress is required.
What are the different sizes?
The Edblo range of bed sets is available in the following sizes:
91,5 cm = Single = Appropriate for a child, may not be comfortable for a teenager or an adult
107 cm = Three-Quarter = Appropriate for a child, teenager and an adult
137 cm = Double = Traditional “2 sleeper”. Offers sleepers a little extra room side to side, appropriate for a teenager and an average sized adult
152 cm = Queen = Appropriate for two average sized adults and allows a little room between sleepers
183 cm = King = Gives a couple the most room. If you have children or pets joining you in bed then a King size is perfect for you. However, please keep in mind that King sized beds can be too large for certain rooms and can be difficult to move through narrow hallways and staircases
1,88 cm = Standard Length
2 m = Extra Length Remember to check whether the Edblo bed which you have chosen is available in your desired size. Not all sizes or lengths may be available in a specific model. Measure the size of your room to prevent buying a bed that is too big for the area and that there is enough space for easy access and mattress rotation.
What can I do to enhance the life of my mattress?
There are a few steps which you can take to extend the life of your mattress.
- Ensure that the foundation is the correct foundation for your mattress. A mattress is designed to provide you with the correct support when it is used in conjunction with its matching foundation.
- Rotate your mattress from time to time and follow the correct rotation cycle as recommended on your warranty card.
- Invest in a good quality, waterproof mattress protector. This will ensure that your mattress remains stain-free, dry, dust-free and helps prevent dust mites and other allergens from making your mattress their new home.
Does a mattress need to be hard in order for it to be a good one?
No, this is a myth. A mattress’s support is determined by its coil system and the density of foam used in its core. All Edblo beds are manufactured with coil systems designed to provide you with durable, long lasting support. The quality foam and fillings added to each Edblo mattress will provide you with a comfortable sleep surface. We recommend that you test different mattresses within the Edblo Ranges to find the one that provides you with comfortable, correct support.
What are Comfort Layers?
Comfort Layers are the quality foam and filling materials which are added on top of the coil system to provide cushioning and extra comfort. The type and number of layers will differ from model to model.
What is the difference between an Innerspring and Foam mattress?
Innerspring Mattresses – These mattresses feature different coil systems together with comfort layers to provide padding between your body and the coil system. Innersprings respond and react to the individual contours of your body; are stronger and don’t break down like other materials; and sleeping on an innerspring is cooler than on foam. Foam Mattresses – These mattresses feature different variations of foam as their core support system.
Should I replace my foundation when I buy a new mattress?
Yes. A mattress is designed to provide you with the correct support when it is used in conjunction with its matching foundation.
How do I clean my mattress?
We recommend that you invest in a quality, waterproof mattress protector to avoid nasty stains and spills. However, even with a mattress protector it is still advisable to clean your mattress from time to time. The best way to do this is to vacuum your mattress. Be wary to not vacuum excessively as this can damage or cause internal shifting of the filling layers. Never soak a mattress or foundation or use harsh cleaning materials as these can damage the comfort layers.
Can my children use my old mattress?
We do not recommend you give your old mattress to your children. Children need the same support and comfort as you do, if not more. They need to get a healthy, rejuvenating sleep and proper back support for their growing bodies. Your old mattress is not good for you, and certainly no better for your children.
How do I process a warranty claim?
The warranty on a new Edblo mattress and foundation is not an indicator of how long the product should be used before replacement. The warranty is there to protect you. In the unlikely event that a manufacturing fault develops during the warranty period, please inform the retailer where you purchased the Edblo product and supply them with the following information:
- Product Name and Size
- Date and Proof of Purchase
- Description of Complaint
Click here for more information regarding the Edblo warranty.
How do I avoid body impressions on my mattress?
The best way to avoid body impressions is to follow the rotation cycle as recommended on your Edblo warranty card and to continue to regularly rotate the mattress throughout its lifespan. This will ensure that the comfort layers settle evenly and do not form body impressions. Body impressions can occur in a new mattress and indicate that the comfort layers are conforming to your body’s individual contours.
How long should a mattress last?
Mattresses should be replaced every 8 years (or less depending on the state they are in). After such a long period of time, the mattress may no longer provide you with the comfort and correct support you need. Life changes could also signal the need for a new bed i.e. a child who has outgrown their current mattress and needs a bigger mattress.
What is a single-sided mattress?
A single-sided mattress is a mattress where all the quality foam and filling layers have been added to the one side only. This means that you no longer have to turn your mattress over. However, you will still need to follow the rotation cycle as recommended on your Edblo warranty card in order to refresh comfort layers.
How do I compare my old sleep set to the sleep sets available today?
The answer is you can’t. The design and manufacturing of sleep sets has changed dramatically over the last few years. Coil system technology and the development of new fillings have led to new product ranges offering varying degrees of comfort and support. We recommend that you test different beds to find your individual comfort preference which will then assist you in choosing the bed which best suits your needs.
My partner moves a lot. What type of mattress should I buy?
If your partner’s movements disturb you during the night, first check to see that the mattress offers each of you enough space to sleep and move comfortably.
If there is enough space and you are still experiencing a disruption in your sleep pattern as a result of your partner’s movements we recommend that you look at the Edblo Supreme Collection Pocket Range.
The Edblo Supreme Collection Pocket Range features a robust Pocket Spring System consisting of individually pocketed springs. Each pocket spring is enveloped in its own fabric pocket ensuring that the springs move freely and independently thus reducing partner disturbance so that you can enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep.
Why do you not show prices?
Prices vary from retailer to retailer and from time to time there are specials being offered on our Edblo Range. Visit your local retailer to find your perfect Edblo. For a list of retailers near you, view our stockists listing . Remember, this is an investment in your life. Sleep is an important part of your well-being. Take your time to find a mattress that fits your comfort and support needs as well as your pocket.
Click here to find a stockist near you.
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
Complete the form below and a consultant will get back to you or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org